If you are considering using us then this details what you can expect:
Firstly we will email you our terms and conditions and if you want to proceed, we will visit the property to meet you and see it for ourselves if this is possible. We can let you know what the rental value is and run through any costs involved. Ideally, we would take photographs at the same time.
As an owner, you can choose the length of time the property is available for. We do short term rentals (minimum of 2 months which we class as winter lets). We also do long term rentals and in line with the recently changed legislation, contracts of 12 months will have an automatic renewal for upto 5 years.
Once agreed, we will list the property and push the marketing side the arrange viewings with interested clients. We will deal with enquiries and carry out the viewings. Once we have a client interested in moving forward, we supply you with all relevant information so you can ‘approve' the tenants before deposits are taken.
We will draw up the contracts between yourself and the rental client (contracts are bilingual – in English and Spanish) and tenants can reimburse the utility bills or we can change over the bank details once the tenants open a Spanish bank account. The contract stays in your name but we simply change the bank account details.
The tenant pays two months deposit normally and the rent is payable monthly in advance. We normally take the money initially, deduct any agreed amounts and send you the balance with the breakdown in writing.
Our commission payable for placement is one month's rental (plus IVA) for rentals of 6 months and over. There will also be a renewal fee after the first 11/12 months and this is half a month's rent (plus IVA).
Before they move in, we can help if you need an energy certificate, any repairs, pool and garden maintenance etc
On the day, we take a photo inventory and meter readings if we have access to these.
• Full name, permanent address and DNI/Passport details (copy required) of property owner (s)
• Full bank accounts details to arrange standing order (name, iban number and swift plus the bank address)
• Full address of the rental property
• An energy certification should be arranged for any rentals over 4 months – we can help with this if needed
• Provide an inventory – by room of the property's contents
• Provide copies of the most recent utility bills (electric, water, gas, telephone & television etc..) We contact utility companies in advance of a rental contract to confirm everything is paid up-to-date before arranging the direct debits from the tenant bank account
• Provide details of services contracted for property (ie: garden maintenance, pool maintenance)
• Notify insurance company that the property is to be rented, and confirm that public liability cover is in place
• Notify their bank if a mortgage is in place
• Certificates of service revision for gas appliances (in last 5 years)
• Electric revision
• Provide sufficient copies of keys for the tenant(s)
• Clean the property throughout. If not clean, VíllaMía can arrange at 15 euros per hour plus IVA.
• Confirm all appliances are in working order including hot water/boiler
• Check there is enough gas and let VíllaMía know if some needs ordering before the tenants move in
We do this under our let only option so once the tenants moves in you will need to liaise with them if there are any issues or queries. With this option you are also responsible for the exit and having the property checked, meter readings taken and liaising with the utility companies to confirm the final monies owing for bills.
If you don't want to be involved then we offer a Property Management service.
Sign up for our informative and fun packed monthly newsletter!
We won't share your email, and you can unsubscribe at any time.